My last post was 90% wine + loneliness + too much Grey's Anatomy.
Just a note.
Have an phone interview on Friday with the University of Maryland. Yet another advising position. Have to be careful not to let my resume read like a a laundry list of lateral moves. Yuck.
But, Maryland, or almost anywhere for that matter other than where I am, represents a painful if necessary break. I cannot build my life around the convenience of being. It's just not who I am.
How wonderfully and devastatingly a forelay into this truth you were, Anirban, I think to myself.
But Rashne is right, the way he is always right. The most important people in our lives are not the ones who teach us the most important lessons, but the ones who are with us when we learn them.
He is not here. And this is a choice we both made willingly.
"Write it out, my friend," he says. "Write him out of your life. It's not love if you can put a period after it. So put a period after it."
I only heard the third sentence before today.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment