Oh, I cannot tell you how tired I am of opening up the webpage for the University I work for and seeing this guy’s face. I’m pretty sure he’s wearing an undershirt for this photo, too, but I could only fit so many bad things to say about someone who is about 14 times smarter than I am into one Snagit bubble.On the home front, I looked at yet another apartment in Kansas City today. Come July, my lease is officially over, and I will be out on my butt. Despite that fact that I am wholly in love with my apartment, I just can’t afford it. Not without a better job or burying myself in grad student loan debt. The better job thing is still a possibility. I applied to a couple of area hospitals today and like 5 government jobs yesterday, but the job market still reeks.
I looked at a place called Casa Loma on the Plaza. I’d avoided it like the plague before because I assumed that it was infested with students, particularly the carless international kind who might recognize me while I’m trying to call the elevator, arms full of toddler and grocery, and ask me about immigration regulations. Pfft.
Oh well, beggars cannot be choosers, and I suppose I could pretend I only speak English during working hours. Or pepper-spray them. Either/or.
It’s a decent enough apartment, nothing special and I’d probably spend an arm and a leg doing laundry there since my washer and dryer cannot come with me to this place, but it’s a place in which I could image myself.
I’m still not sure why I dragged my ex with me. Maybe I think he should see the place he’s going to end up paying for. Or mostly anyway. It was a mistake, as he launched into a hysterical, nostalgic hissy fit once we got outside. It’s a good thing about that pepper spray after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment