http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/229Y3U/:KGXSJGbs:fp2St+9g/www.lovethegrows.com/2012/11/questions-you-should-ask-before-marriage.html/
I recently "stumbled upon" this post. I don't have time to go through and examine why every question is bad (I'm not even sure every question is), but I can tell you that based on the way women are pathologized, I think most of them are dangerous.
Also, women, this would annoy the shit out of any guy--just asking question after question. They already think we talk too much. And we talk too much mostly because we think too much.
The answer to a good percentage of these is "Let's cross that bridge when we get there". Most of them are designed to elicity straight up lies or promises that no one is capable of making.
For instance:
What do I do that causes you to question my love?
Let's be clear here...in a marriage, one of the most important things you can learn is that no one is responsible for your emotions. If you don't like feeling a certain way, you have the choice not to. No one can "make you" feel anything.
Who comes first, your spouse or your children?
What the fuck kind of question is this? Anyone who asks you to choose should probably be shown the door.
How will you support my hobbies?
How about asking how you could support theirs? Why are so many of these questions about the asker? The one that are not are all codependent as fuck.
Also, there are no directions given, so even if we assume that both people are supposed to ask as well as answer, most of the questions are designed around assumptions that are gender-biased at best and down right sexist at worst.
For instance:
If I put on weight, will it affect our sexual relationship? How?
Body issues are largely a woman's domain. It affects both men and women, but let's face it, this is so about the woman.
Is it important for you to know that I'm a virgin? Why or why not?
It's common knowledge that virginity only really matters for women in this twisted society. No one really gives a damn if a guy is nor not. So, what I will do instead is write a list of my own questions that I think people should ask. Not today. But someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment