Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ruined Already

My family and I were planning a mini break holiday to Minneapolis this Labour Day weekend.
Much to my annoyance, I also found out that the RNC is in town from 1.9-4.9.
Granted, we were going on 30.8 and leaving the next day, but I have a feeling there will be no hotel rooms available, even two days before the convention. Why wait to fly in, when our dear representatives, presumably the successors to politicians who once died to prevent corruption, will be wined and dined by lobbiest no matter how early they arrive?
But, I digress.
We were hoping just to get away after the first week of school. Perhaps by chance we'll find a room and manage a nice vacation, but I doubt it. I was hoping to do some shopping before Ramadan starts in T-minus 4 days. Need to have on hand quick breakfasts, since I loathe getting up early and cooking. I will one, but not both. And fajr is starting at like 4:50AM. I forgot that time even existed, I haven't seen it on a clock in that long. Alas, I am afraid of the impending required fast. I am a weak individual, truly, and it will be only by the grace of God that I pass His tests this year.

No comments: