Friday, August 22, 2008

I Love You, Dr M.

Ok, I don't "love" her, love her.
But she is mega cool (yes, I wrote mega...I may not be on MySpace but damned if I won't blog like I am).
What do I like so much about her?
She's like a glass of water when one is thirsty, for lack of an actual, blog-worthy creative answer.
Each time I hole myself up in my office, ranting about hijabs and fundamentalists, God pulls me from the depths with the luring hope of Dr M.
"That's what Islam is all about...it's about showing gratitude for all of the things God has given us, for even our ownselves and our ability to speak and to live in community with one another, and try to live in the most merciful and humane way we can."
And her answers to paranoid questions about the "radical" groups of Islam....so good.

No comments: