Monday, October 21, 2013


Very random thoughts, in particular order, inspired by my fabulous cousin Erin’s facebook post:

1.      It just occurred to me that I didn’t watch a single episode of the West Wing this weekend. I don’t know how I let that happen, but I did. Never again, not on my watch.

2.     I love the cold. I don’t love being cold, but I love the cold. I love needing to put on an extra layer because I’ve got the window open in my office. The cold reminds me of home. Reading that sentence out loud sounds super emo and it’s really not meant to be. What I mean is that if it’s 49 degrees in Cleveland, those women who should not wear bikinis are wearing them.
 
       2.1 I'm a liberal, but I believe in the death penalty for those who smoke outside my open office  
               window.


3.      I taught Mr. P what the word “booties” means. To me, booties are warm socks that are far too big to wear in your shoes but that keep your feet warm while you’re in the house. Booties.

4.      Last night I was missing my ex, the infamous Dr. Sen Gupta. But this morning I remembered he was a total asshole and never deserved me to begin with.  

5.      I just checked my Pandora listening history and I’ve disliked every Rihanna song and I’m sure that has everything to do with Chris Brown.

6.      Listening to powerful songs like Diva while I walk to work has an irrationally positive impact on my outlook for the day. That being said, it still won’t take much for my boss to ruin it, even though a diva is a female version of a hustler.

7.      My boss’s boss has scheduled five lunch hour meetings over the next 5 weeks. I’ll be posting a blog shortly on how NOT to manage people. I dunno if I’ve mentioned this before, but the more I’m mismanaged, the more I want to be someone’s manager, just to show I can do it right and therefore better.

8.      It’s not a good idea for me to have more coffee, but I’m out of other ideas.

9.      Adele really, really needs to get the fuck over it. This guy she’s writing about must never be able to show his face. Someone buy the woman some eyeliner, see if you can cheer her up some.
10. It's midterms this week. I should be studying at work, since yet again it's 10:30 am and my boss isn't here yet. WTF is that about anyway? And she gives me grief about my hours?! 
11. This feels like me today:
 

No comments: