Friday, October 18, 2013


Every place I’ve worked has had some kind of training in place for when new people start.

Yeah...not this place. 
Today, someone senior to me told me to stop stamping “file copy” on…well, copies. Our boss told her that once, during some obscurely-referenced audit, that a government official questioned why we were stamping copies of government paperwork.

As if the government doesn’t stamp its own shit, too.

While I absolutely question both the veracity of this account as well as whether the US government gives two shits that I stamp copies so that I can plainly tell a copy from an original, my bigger peeve is that I was never trained not to stamp them.

Mind you, I’ve been here for two years, working independently for a year and a half of those two, and before that I always stamped things in my previous job (which by the way, is the exact same job I have now).
To me, that means either I’m not worth properly training, or they like being able to continuously, forever-and-ever, correct me. How important is it if I didn't know until now, anyway?

GAWD this place.



No comments: