1. Benadryl. When it is 230AM, and you just cannot sleep though you've been exhausted ALL week, Benadryl is the only way to go. See, sleeping pills really mess with me...to the point where taking one is a lot like playing Russian Roulette with my faculties...and my faculties weren't that good to begin with. Bendryl gives me a nice restful sleep without the annoying, glow-in-the dark butterflies landing on my sheets all night.
2. Veggie burgers. When you couldn't get yourself to cook even if the Queen of Scotland was coming over for dinner, veggies burgers are the big savers. A little leftover Beef curry soup, and a nice veggie burger makes a quick dinner for all parties including baby. And, if you are feeling creative but have already had your meat servings for the week, you can add just about any toppings, in any ethnic combination, for an exciting dinner. I like sauteed onions and mushrooms with a lil A1 steak sauce...or melted Chipotle cheese with BBQ sauce. Veggie burgers are like blank canvas...you can color them however you want.
3. Redbox movies. Got a movie from Netflix that your husband is less interested in than eating fuzz off the floor? Redbox is an awesome alternative...granted, there are plenty of sh*t for movies in those things, but more often than is statistically expected, I am surprised. Two not-so-bad films were Next with Nicholas Cage (I HATE his hair in National Treasure... I haven't seen either and his HAIR is the only reason) and No Reservations with Catherine Zeta Jones. I thought both would be ultra-dumb easy to swallow pieces of crap...and I have a feeling that if I check the IMDB ratings for No Reservations, people would pummel it, but it would be precisely because it was advertised as an ultra-dum piece of crap, and it wasn't. So the stupid people will tank the reviews because they had to watch a movie that was actually good.
No comments:
Post a Comment