Friday, August 20, 2010

Thinking Love

Don't be confused.

When I say I love him, I mean it in all those ways and then more.

I never really understood love. It cannot be recognized by the way it makes you feel. That would be akin to equating the general condition of fatigue to cancer immediately. The heart's job is to feel. It doesn't know how not to do so and it's job is not to name the way it feels.

My problem was that love is not a feeling nor is it an understanding.

Love is a relation. Love is relativity. Love is knowing it will go on in spite of you, not out of fear or desperation but because like the heart it can do nothing else. People create love when they chose to and chose not to do things. I don't mean you chose not to take a call from your ex out of love for your current boyfriend. I mean you do it, you lie about it, you regret it, come clean, and move on. And he moves on with you.

That is love.

It's not easy, but it's pretty damned simple.

'Cos if you ever feel neglected
And if you think that all is lost
I'll be counting up my demons, yeah
Hoping everything's not lost

On another note, Better n'Peanut Butter isn't peanut butter and you could never convince me it is. However, it's a tasty and healthy substitute I would gladly take over not having access to peanut butter.

+ I find new ways to love him and will find new ways to write about it, too.

No comments: