Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home

I haven't published in a while because things have been hectic.
We're staying in Iowa.
I've got mixed feelings about it. When things were completely uncertain, I admit that I just wanted an answer. Looking back now, I see I never really thought about what either decision-to stay or to move to Turkey-really meant to me...or to my sanity.
My biggest concern is now supporting the family with my income. Thinking back to the last time I supported anyone, I can remember living paycheck to paycheck and being worried all the time. That constant worry and being strapped lead to an amount of stress that eventually lead to the ruin of my credit history, not to mention a serious stomach ulcer.
So...needless to say, I'm scared.
It's a good fear though, and perhaps not the worst time to inject a sense of discipline back into my spending habits. Everyone's spending habits could use a tune up.
Of course this now means that I am living everyday instead of trying to plan things weeks ahead of time. We're moving in two days...I hope to get the keys on the afternoon of the 31st. Of course, our carpets are being cleaned on the 30th, which essentially gives me 26 hours to pack up almost everything and move it into the garage.
I never really knew how much CRAP I could accumulate. I thought moving into this apartment last year helped me get RID of some things...now I see what a delusion that really was!
I'm hoping to, in the next week or so, post a blog about my husband and my awesome trip to DC, a city I am not proudly in love with. It'll feature pictures and restaurant reviews, too.

No comments: