Ah fuck it all.
I'm serious. Sometimes in life, you look back at all your shit and you think, "Wow. I would just be the f*ck fine if I didn't have any of this crap." We walk around thinking we are tied to everything: our houses, our jobs, our cars, lovers, majors, careers, diets, music, but in reality, people can and do change it all the time and they are none the worse for ware. What's more common is that this stuff changes and no one asks, consults or even tells you. It's just not there one day. Letters of resignations in your box, band's breaking up, people dying. Change. Change is the only constant.
You want the meaning of life people?
It's living to go with the god-damned flow. It's learning that life really isn't full of the super important shit we think it is. It's realizing your best and sometimes only friend is change.
This month feels like more has changed than in the last year. We saw some movement in the legal process of my ever-pending divorce (it's the longest living divorce in Missouri history), some possible movement on the grad front, movement of people out of my office, the shredding of my sanity. We saw movements of people both in and out of both House of Congress. Hell, even Keith Olbermann took an unscheduled hiatus, much to my displeasure.
I got too much work and not enough money. So nothing's really changed. Not in 5 years, maybe not in 10. I don't know what the future holds and I'm finally out of the time it would take to figure out the past. Like a rolling stone people.
We are all rolling stones.
No comments:
Post a Comment